2011 Mission Statement Review & Performance Results
Performance Goal 1: High quality care to all patients.
- WMC is accredited by The Joint Commission (TJC) for all clinical services.
- HCAHPS (Hospital-Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) scores continued to improve for most measures and quarters during 2011
- WMC implemented all TJC patient safety goals, and monitors and reports performance regularly.
Performance Goal 2: Tertiary and quaternary services to the surrounding region.
- Between 2008 and 2011, the total number of transfers decreased, primarily due to the opening of several new Cardiac Intervention Labs in the Hudson Valley region. Non-Cardiology transfers for both adults and children continued to increase from 4,800 to 5,200.
Performance Goal 3: High quality teaching environment.
- WMC has 15 fully accredited ACGME Residency training programs and 19 fully accredited ACGME Fellowship training programs. During 2011, 5 WMC Residency programs and 1 Fellowship program were surveyed by the ACGME and received continuing accreditation. One new fellowship program, Pediatric Hematology / Oncology was awarded initial accreditation.
- Eight thousand formal nursing education hours were provided during 2011. In addition, WMC provided education for over 805 nursing students during the school calendar year.
- Through WMC’s collaboration with New York Medical College, all clinical protocols for research are reviewed and approved by their IRB.