2011 Mission Goals & Values
The primary mission of Westchester Medical Center is to serve as the regional healthcare referral center providing high-quality advanced health services to the residents of the Hudson Valley and the surrounding area, regardless of their ability to pay. In support of this primary mission, WMC also serves as an academic medical center committed to education and research that enables advanced care and prepares future generations of care-givers.
Our Commitment to Education and Research
We are an academic medical center of New York Medical College. Our academic faculty educates and mentors medical residents in the latest healthcare techniques and best practices, consistently producing some of the finest and best educated doctors in the nation. Additionally, our physicians' thought leadership and contributions to on-going medical research results in continued advances in state-of-the-art healthcare, making Westchester Medical Center a leader in providing ground-breaking medical services and procedures.
Our Organizational Values
As leaders in the healthcare field, our mission reflects the values by which Westchester Medical Center operates:
We are committed to serving the community "regardless of ability to pay," and are:
We are committed to providing high-quality health services in all aspects of what we do:
- Our Technical quality
- Advanced facilities
- The most current technologies and processes
- Continually successful clinical outcomes
- Our culture:
- Our environment:
- Patient and visitor-friendly
We are committed to on-going education and research.
We are committed to maintaining our financial and economic viability.
Our Performance Goals
1. Provide high quality care to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay, in a manner that respects the dignity of the individual and enhances patient outcomes.
- Meet the accreditation standards of the Joint Commission for all clinical services offered.
- Continue improvement in HCAHPS (Hospital-Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems) scores.
- Meet established patient safety guidelines and provide a safe patient care environment.
2. Directly provide tertiary and quaternary services as needed by the residents of the Hudson Valley by serving as an advanced care referral center.
- Track level of infant, pediatric and adult transfers from community hospitals in the Hudson Valley and surrounding areas.
3. Provide a high quality academic environment, along with our affiliated medical school, for the training of physicians, nurses and allied health professionals.
- Maintain residency training programs that comply with ACGME standards.
- Provide a progressive clinical teaching environment for nursing and allied professional training programs.
- Measure clinical protocol activity with respect to clinical research provided to patients at Westchester Medical Center.