2016 Mission Goals and Values
Mission Statement Performance Goals - 2016
Westchester Medical Center’s vital mission is to provide the highest-quality care for all residents of the Hudson Valley regardless of ability to pay. Westchester Medical Center will build on its long tradition of delivering the most advanced services in the region by providing a system that ensures access to a coordinated continuum of care for its community. As the region’s only academic medical center, Westchester Medical Center is committed to educating the next generation of caregivers for the Hudson Valley and integrating research to advance treatment, expand knowledge, and improve lives.
Performance Goal 1: Provide high quality care to all patients, regardless of their ability to pay, in a manner that respects the dignity of the individual and enhances patient outcomes.
- Meet the accreditation standards of an organization that has deeming authority from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for all clinical services offered
- Meet Clinical Transformation goals through PCMH recognition and certification.
Performance Goal 2: Develop an integrated system of care covering the Hudson Valley.
- Continue development of WMC Health Network
- Implement evidence based care management through collaborative DSRIP partnerships to enhance continuum of care throughout the Hudson Valley
- Develop a post acute strategy across the WMC Health Network.
Performance Goal 3: Provide high quality teaching environment, along with our academic medical affiliate, for physician, nurse and allied health professional training and research.
- Maintain residency training programs that comply with ACGME standards
- Provide a progressive clinical teaching environment for nursing and allied professional training programs
- Measure clinical protocols for medical research provided at Westchester Medical Center.