- Lecia Gannon-Azcuy, RN, ER, on receiving her Certified Emergency Nurse
- Joan Valcarcel, RN, QCRM, on receiving her Certification in Case Management
- Guerino Tondreau, RN, 4N, on receiving his Masters in Public Health Degree
- Chester Nason, RN, ER, on receiving his CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse)
- Angela Champion, RN, MFCH, on receiving her Bachelors of Nursing Degree
|Eddie Pageot, RN, 6 South, on completing his BSN
|Alison Aversa, RN, MFCH, on receiving her Pediatric Certification
- Ani Varghese, RN, 6 North East, on completing her BSN
- Karen Collum, RN, Bone Marrow Transplant Clinician, on completing her Masters of Science Degree
- Helen Benny, RN, CT ICU, on completing her BSN
- Omobola Opawoye, RN, 6 South, on completing her BSN
- Maricela Alvarez, RN, 5 South East, on completing her BSN
- Cathy Hall, RN, Neuro ICU, on receiving her CCRN
- Christine Gorman, RN, MFCH, on receiving her Pediatric Oncology Certification
- Lisa Robson, RN, NCC on receiving her Nurse Manager and Leader Certification
- Jessica Valez, RN, ER, on receiving her Certified Emergency Nursing Certificate
- Marina Altvater, RN, MFCH, on receiving her Pediatric Nursing Certification
- Ellenette T. San Diego, RN, 5 South, on receiving her Medical Surgical Certification
- Susan Taurisano, RN, 3 South, on receiving her Orthopaedic Nurse Certification
- MaryJane Robertshaw, RN, QCRM, on receiving her Certification as a Case Manager
- Luanne Jennex, RN, Medical Records, on receiving her Certification as a Clinical Documentation Specialist
- Maryann Conti, RN, Medical Records, on receiving her Certification as a Clinical Documentation Specialist
- Maureen Raff a, RN, NP, Cardiology, on receiving her Certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Dina Greefi eld, RN, MFCH, on receiving her Pediatric Nurse Certification
- Elaine Valencia, RN, CTICU, received her CCRN certification
- Patricia Knox, RN, MFCH, received her Pediatric Nurse Certification
- Virginia Miele, RN, 4South, received her Clinical Transplant Nurse Certification
- Susan Pavlick, RN, Case Manager, has received her certification in Case Management
- Karina Barreda, RN, MFCH, received her Pediatric Nurse Certification
- Theresa Magliulo, RN, CCU, has completed her BSN Degree
- Joanne Bartosch, RN, Outpatient Department, has completed her Masters of Arts in Nursing Education
- Mary Lou Duff y, RN, 3S Ortho, received her certification in Orthopaedic Nursing
- Maureen Cooney, NP, Pain Management, received her Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) from Case Western University
- Sharon Kowalchuk, NSDS, BHC, authored "Spiritual Leadership in Nursing: Leading with "Spirit" in a Changing Healthcare Environment" in the recently released book "Today's Nursing Leader"
- Jane Elber, RN, Pediatrics, for receiving her Masters Degree in Nursing Education from Mercy college
- Lisa Palmieri, RN, 5 South, for receiving her BSN from Dominican College
- Claudette Guy, RN, 5 South, for receiving her Masters in Public Health degree
- Margherita Chirurgi, RN, Pediatics, for earning her Pediatric Nurse Certification
- Jodi Scott, RN, Labor and Delivery, for receiving her Nurse Midwife Certification
- Prige Gunashekar, RN, PACU/VIR, who has received her CCRN
- Danielle Cicchetti, RN, PICU, has received her Masters in Nursing Administration from Mercy College
- Mary Anne Cezarski, RN, Emergency Department, completed her Master of Health and Administration degree!
- Tammy Douglas, RN, MFCH, for receiving her Pediatric Certification!
- Sharron T. Gentle, RN, MFCH, has earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the College of New Rochelle!
- Cecilia Villamin, RN, 5 South, has received her Medical Surgical Certification!
- Henry Martin, RN, 6 North East, completed his Master's Degree in Nursing
- Dominique Nertilus, RN, 4 South, completed her Bachelor's of Nursing Degree
- Elizabeth Frederick, RN, NO, Neurosurgery, received her Family Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Linda C. Smith, RN, Pediatrics, became a Certified Pediatric Nurse
||Congratulations to Victoria Akujuo, RN, Correctional Health Services, who recently returned from her 3rd annual trip to Nigeria. Victoria goes every year, on her own vacation time, with a group of nurses and doctors to provide medical care to remote underserved areas of Nigeria.
Wilma Wynter, RN, 4 South, has been awarded a Master's of Science in Nursing, majoring in Leadership & Management.
||Mary Donahoe, RN, Infection Control, received a Master's Degree in Nursing Education from The College of New Rochelle.
||Andrew Philips, RN, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, had his paper and poster, "The Effect of a Standardized Form in Guiding Communication Between Peers During the Hand-Off of Patients in a Hospital Setting," accepted for presentation at the Nursing Infomatics 2009 Congress in Helsinki, Finland in June 2009.
Deon Allen-Franklin, Wound Specialist, presented two posters titled "A Retrospective Analysis to Assess the Performance of a Porcine Collagen Matrix Dressing in 16 Recalcitrant Wounds" and "Comprehensive Pressure Ulcer Prevention: Sustained Clinical and Economic Outcomes and Evidence-Based Practice 1999-2008" at The Clinical Symposium on Advances in Skin and Wound Care held in October.
Congratulations to Barbara Clones, RN, Infection Control Department. The abstract "Community Acquired Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (CA-MRSA) in a Well Baby Nursery (WBN) has been accepted as a poster presentation for the 2009 SHEA conference in San Diego.
Congratulations to Tara McHugh, RN, Pediatrics, on becoming a Certified Pediatric Oncology Nurse!