Family Resource Center
Offering Comfort and Support
The Family Resource Center is located on the first floor of Maria Fareri Children's Hospital in Room 1118. The Center is a welcoming, relaxed setting with comfortable sofas and chairs, 5 compute
rs with internet access and a multitude of children's books. Families utilize this space for a variety of reasons including conducting computer searches for information on healthcare, parenting, finances and education; obtaining children's books for the patient and siblings to read or just to get away for a few minutes to rejuvenate. All families of hospitalized children are encouraged to use the space. The focus of the Center is to assist families of hospitalized children with supportive services according to the family's individual needs.
The Director of Family Support and the Family Resource Center is Mary Delaney, LCSW. She is a licensed clinical social worker who is proficient in English and Spanish. She is available to meet with families in order to assist with the family's individual needs during their child's hospitalization. She can be reached at (914) 493-8503.
Mary Delaney, LCSW
An invaluable addition to the Center is the multitalented volunteer force who prides themselves in being flexible and available to help families in whatever way needed.
The volunteers assist with a variety of different services including bringing books to the patient's bedside through the traveling library program, staffing the laundry room and assisting families in developing private webpages for their child through www.CarePages.com
Housed within the Family Resource Center is the Family Business Center. It is equipped with a multiple telephone recharger, fax machine, photo copier, scanner and networked printer. It is open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m.
Families are welcome to use the Family Resource Center to:
- Participate in a coffee hour or support group for family members of hospitalized children
- Talk with someone who understands how difficult it is to have a child in the hospital
- Choose from a full range of children's books for your child to read
- Access the internet and e-mail
- Conduct online research
- Develop an individualized private webpage for your child through CarePages.com
- Conduct personal business
- Recharge your cell phone with the multi-telephone recharger
- Take a break and relax just a few steps away from your child's bedside
- Discuss your individual needs by speaking with the Director, Mary Delaney, LCSW. She can be reached by calling (914) 493-8503.