Westchester Medical Center offers college internship programs which fulfill credit requirements--as well as non-credit (service hours) opportunities. All applicants must meet the following requirements in addition to those specific to the type of internship:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must get medical clearance (either from a private physician or via WMC Employee Health)
- Must attend Westchester Medical Center orientation
- Must provide two references with an application
- Successfully pass required background checks
- Spring Semester Internship: 10/1
- Summer Semester Internship: 4/1
- Fall Semester Internship: 5/1
College internship programs are subject to requirements set forth by contract between Westchester Medical Center and the academic institution. Each college has specific requirements. Please confirm with your college the amount of hours that are required along with when they need to be completed by. We require all college students to finish out the semester even if they completed the required hours.
How to Apply
A signed contract and or outline of the requirements of student, college/university and hospital supervisor is required prior to starting. We require that all students participating in an internship must complete the full 20 week commitment irregardless of their mandatory completed hours.