Scheduling an Appointment
Hours of Operation
The Central Scheduling Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Open on Saturday for MRI's only from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Information to Have Available
You may schedule all your imaging appointments through the Central Scheduling Department. A friendly voice will greet you and ask for some information to schedule your examination. It would be helpful when you call to have available the following information:
- The prescription from the doctor describing the type of examination to be performed.
- What type of insurance you have. (View a list of participating carriers.)
- If the examination you are having requires a pre-certification or pre-authorization number, please give that number to the scheduler. If you are not sure whether or not your particular insurance provider requires a pre-certification or pre-authorization for the examination you need to schedule, please call your benefits coordinator who should be able to help you.
- General information: Name, Address, Telephone number with area code, Social Security number, Driver's License number
- Specific information: You may be required to give more detailed information about your examination such as if you have any allergies, if you take certain kinds of medication or, in the case of an MRI examination, if you have a pacemaker or any metallic objects inside your body.
Types of Examinations that May be Scheduled
- CAT Scan
- MRI – High Field 1.5T
- Digital Radiology (General X-Ray)
- Bone Density
If you have had any previous examinations at the Advanced Imaging Center or Westchester Medical Center, please notify the scheduling staff when you are scheduling your appointment.