Why Choose Maria Fareri Children's Hospital
Check out this fun tour that will provide a glimpse of the special physical and emotional environments, as well an explanation of the important role Maria Fareri Children's Hospital plays in children's health care.
Maria Fareri Children's Hospital is the embodied vision of hundreds of parents, medical professionals and community leaders who had a fervent desire to create a "family-centered" children's hospital where parents are not visitors but partners, and where the unique creative surroundings are an integral part of the healing process.
We are an all-specialty pediatric hospital committed to providing the most advanced care available to more than 20,000 critically ill infants and children each year. Our superior capabilities in a vast array of pediatric specialty areas enable us to perform complex life-saving procedures such as open-heart surgery, organ transplantation, advanced chemotherapy, and emergency trauma surgery. Many of the procedures we perform are not available anywhere else in the Hudson Valley region or Southwestern Connecticut.
What Makes Our Hospital Unique?
Maria Fareri Children's Hospital combines advanced pediatric care with a special, calming physical environment Developed as a benchmark for children's hospitals around the world, our state-of-the-art facility includes the region's only neonatal and pediatric intensive care units and transplants programs, and is designed to accommodate the special needs of pediatric patients and their families. Other notable features include:
- The region's only intensive care unit design specifically for pediatric care .
- A state-of-the-art, Level IV (most sophisticated) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the only one in the region
- Private in-patient rooms with bathrooms, showers and parent sleeping areas
- Pre-school, elementary and teen-aged activity rooms.
- An on-site Ronald McDonald House providing a living room, kitchen and five family suites (under construction).
- A Family Resource Center with a library that serves as a respite area for parents and families as well as a portal to health and other information via Web-accessible computers,
- A unique lobby providing visual diversions for children and families, including the world's largest doll-house, a New York baseball museum, a performing arts stage and a walk-through aquarium.
- Age-specific "neighborhoods," each with its own theme, décor, and snack center. Visit our newest neighborhood!
- Child Life and Creative Arts Therapy programs that utilize multiple playrooms and an art studio, as well as art and music therapy programs.