Awards and Recognition
Throughout our history, Westchester Medical Center has been recognized for excellence in healthcare and our numerous contributions to advancements in treatments and best practices. We continue to strive to be the premier provider of advanced medical care as well as leaders in medical education, research and development
- 2011/2012 Consumer Choice Award for Highest Quality and Image in the New York Metro Area - National Research Corporation: 'Westchester’s Most Preferred Hospital for Overall Quality and Image'.
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award for 3 Years in a Row (2010-2012).
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award for 6 Years in a Row (2006/2007-2011).
- 2011 Recipient of the American Heart Association/Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines Triple Gold Award for achievements.
- 2011 Recipient of the Get With The Guidelines®-Heart Failure Gold Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association.
- 2010 IPRO Quality Award.
- 2009 Triple Gold Performance Award - American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- 2008 Press Ganey Compass Award Winner.
- 2008/2009 Consumer Choice Award for Overall Quality and Image in the NY Metro Area - National Research Corporation.
- NorMet Patient Safety and Quality Award for participation in the Educational Innovation Project (EIP), aimed at optimizing patient hand-offs through the innovative use of technology.
- American Heart Association Triple Performance Award for Cardiovascular & Stroke – one of only 21 hospitals in the nation to receive this award.
Rankings, Recognition and Accomplishments
- Maria Fareri Children's Hospital listed in U.S. News & World Report 2012- 2013 Best Children's Hospitals.
- Westchester Medical Center recognized by U.S. News & World Report in 9 clinical specialties.
- Full three-year Accreditation with Commendation as a Teaching Hospital Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- Accredited by The Joint Commission, currently in the second year of a three-year accreditation granted in 2012.
- Named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for cardiac surgery by HealthGrades.
- Ranked among the top 10% in the nation for cardiac surgery, 3 years in a row (2010-2012).
- Ranked among the top 10 in New York State for cardiac surgery, 4 years in a row (2009-2012).
- 5-Star rating from Healthgrades for cardiovascular services.
- 5-Star rated for coronary bypass surgery for 4 years in a row (2009-2012)
- 5-Star rated for valve surgery in 2012.
- 5-Star rated for coronary interventional procedures in 2012.
- 5-Star rated for bariatric surgery for 6 years in a row (2006/2007-2011). Westchester Medical Center received a 5-star rating and was ranked among the top five hospitals in New York State for overall bariatric surgery.
- One of the Top 100 Hospitals in the Nation for Improved Performance (August 2008). The annual Thomson Reuters study named Westchester Medical Center as one of the Top 100 Hospitals in the nation for Improved Performance.
- Ranked among the Best in Cardiac Services by HealthGrades (2009): Westchester Medical Center ranks among the nation's top hospitals for overall cardiac services, based on a 5-star rating (the highest acheived) for overall quality and clinical excellence.
- Medicare Accreditation for Heart Transplant Program.
- Special certification from the Joint Commission for Mechanical Circulatory Support devices as “destination therapy”.
- FACT Accreditation for Adult and Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant.